Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy and what size

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions on where to buy my first Egg? I'm located in Atlanta. Also, I was thinking of the medium egg, any thoughts?

Comments

• Chainsmoker
    Chainsmoker Posts: 114
    Options
    rookie,
    Go ahead and get the large! I believe almost every response you get to your post will say "get the large". The best place is at the BGE headquarters on Clairmont Road. The number is in the phone book and probably on this site.
    Ryan

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    rookie, Get the large - don't look back. I waivered on the lg or med and got the large last June and I'm seriously considering adding a small before the end of this year (or sooner as funds are available). Joe
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    rookie, BGE headquarters on Clairmont at Buford Highway is the place. Medium or large is up to you. I don't think you will ever regret either. Personally, if $s are not a huge issue, get the large. However, my first (of three) was a medium.

• rookie,
    you can also buy one at Log & Lantern in McDonough. give them a call. 770-692-1043.

• Blaze
    Blaze Posts: 32
    Options
    rookie,[p]IMO, I would try to go ahead and get the large if possible, you can't go wrong either way though. It really depends on how many you will be cooking for at once. I started with the large and have now added a small as it's more efficient when I'm cooking for just my wife and I.[p]I live in Middle Georgia and have a dealer in my town but decided to go ahead and make the drive to BGE Headquarters to make my purchase. I also got some cool freebies at the Atlanta store that I would'nt have gotten at my local dealer. Hat's, Apron, extra coozies, etc. w/ the BGE logo. They also carry the Dizzy Pig Rubs, you'll need to pick up some of that...good stuff!!! I've dealt with Mike on all occasions and have been extremely pleased.[p]Hope this helps[p]Blaze