Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Weekends here, what are you puttin on your egg?

DeplesisDeplesis Posts: 215
edited 4:03AM in EggHead Forum
Tonight's brown sugar pepper salmon w/ grilled veggies,
Tomorrow is a D.O. full of cowboy beans for my grandson's birthday party and Sunday is TBD, but with this weather it is sure to be something on the EGG

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 156
    I have the egg heating up the pizza stone. Will be making three 13" pies for the small group tonight.
  • Tonite is beef short ribs, low and slow in the DO.

Tomorrow ribeyes I think.

And Sunday I may try my hand at the first brisket.
  • I found a sweet deal today. Our menu tonight is CAB prime ribeyes. Found them at my local market in the markdown cooler for $8.99/lb
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,933
    Just bought 2 1/2 lbs stone crab and planning on crab chilled as appeteazer and delmonicos on small tomorrow with asparagus.

Have a 15 # turkey from super wally world at $.40/pound planned to cook on sunday and make gumbo, enchiladas or white chili. More on the news at 11 pm.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    BLB on Brioche Sammys tonight. (Bacon-Lettuce-Bomba)

Pizza and other Finger Foods Saturday.

Some sort of Eggs for Sunday breakfast. Maybe breakfast calzone or I may try "Scotch Eggs" after seeing them on Iron Chef last night. Sunday night Pork Tender Loin - not sure how or what Im gonna do it but will be on the Egg.
  • For us tonight its ribeyes and tenderloins Maybe a turkey practice run on Sunday. Not done a turkey on the egg yet
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen

Albuquerque, NM
  • Burgers tonight, ribs tomorrow and a nasty hot curry on Sunday I think.

Caledon, ON

• EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    It's fresh sausage, eggs, biscuits and sawmill gravy for b'fast tomorrow, prime ny strips for saturday and bone in pork chops for sunday... :woohoo:
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    A different way to cook prime rib....will post this weekend.. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit for BRISKET HELP
  • Pizza tonight
    Crab cakes at half time tomorrow.followed by walleye
    and sweet potato fries
    Sunday - First wok cook ..fried rice in the wok with stir fried pork and veggies
  • Tonight are a couple of rib eyes, inch and a quarter thick, about a pound each.

Sunday afternoon we are doing an early Thanksgiving since my mother will be having surgery during the real one. So tomorrow afternoon I put a pork shoulder on the large egg, and Sunday depending on whether the pork finishes with enough time I put a turkey on the large or XL.
  • Tim,

LC back this weekend?

Caledon, ON

• DeplesisDeplesis Posts: 215
    nice deal on the steaks!
    It sounds like a tasty weekend. The weather in Ohio this weekend calls for Sunny and 62, perfect for the Egg!
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,778
    Don't know for sure, but I have a pork roast in the fridge that I either have to cook or freeze. Also, some chicken thighs in the freezer. Then again, I'm on a roll with the pizza! :)

It's all good!

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Central Connecticut 

• BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Bone in chicken quarters, beets (thick sliced), and asparagus at the end. Chicken is up to 130 now.

Be eating soon...
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'll be demoing both days for the Grand Opening. Spatchcocked chicks, fatties, wings, loney, pork loins, sweet tater rounds and mashed on plank, cinnamon rolls, pineapples and bananas.
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Man they are good. We just finished. They were cut closer to one end and did not have a very classic ribeye shape. They did however have alot of my favorite ribeye meat, the lip was left on.
  • I put on 30 pounds of boston butt for tomorrow around 6pm tonight. Going to watch my tigers roll some tide and have pulled pork.

Geaux Tigers!
  • I put on 30 pounds of boston butt for tomorrow around 6pm tonight. Going to watch my tigers roll some tide and have pulled pork.

Geaux Tigers!
  • Teach42Teach42 Posts: 218
    Already grilled up two thick cut pork chops and a pub burger.

Going out to dinner tomorrow and Sunday night... Normally I'd be excited about that, but that's two less days to cook outside on the Egg!

SO, thinking about doing something on the egg for breakfast tomorrow. Blueberry pancake fatty perhaps?
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Tomorrow my egg will see 'Tender Pulled Pork' made from tenderloins and it's gonna be goooood.
    The egg just got done with mahi mahi lightly coated with my seasoning mix and pan fried with a little vege oil in my big cast iron skillet, oh boy it the spot. Garden tomato salad with chunks of Danish blue cheese and Ken's Steak House Italian dressing came together nicely next to the mahi.

Have fun tomorrow...cowboy beans sounds great!
  • we are going to do some type of salt rosemary cap on bone in rib roast on sunday. it looks like fun in the mag.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Was going to cook a pizza, but no Pizza Toss kit :(
  • JBJB Posts: 510
    Just put this chuck on 20 mins ago. Great day for Eggin here. 75 and sunny.

Damn that mailman :angry: