Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Beef Recipe

Options
Stoveworks
Stoveworks Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a good Beef BBQ and Beef Short Rib recipe to wow the neighborhood Super Bowl Party. Are there any substitues for beef brisket???

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Stoveworks,
    Let me suggest a blade-in chuck roast (the bone is not necessary; it just adds flavor). Treat this and the short ribs just like a pork butt. Put on your favorite rub (I prefer Cowlick from Dizzy Pig). Cook the beef and ribs indirect at 225-250 until the internal temp is about 195. I use oak for smoke. Let it sit for about 30-60 minutes wrapped in foil, then pull the roast like pulled pork. Whether you mix the pulled beef with any sauce is a personal choice. In this case, I prefer Big Chief sauce from Ken Stone: not much, just enough to give flavor, NOT dripping wet. I use dipping sauce for the ribs, since they are usually flavorful enough by themselves. The cook time is about 1 1/2 hours per pound of chuck. Have fun.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Stoveworks,[p]Check out this link. Look at Pulled BBQ Beef in the menu on the left. [p]
    Chuck

[ul][li]GFW's[/ul]
  • We like to do chuck rolls, approx 18-20 lbs. Spice it up with every kind of good stuff you have. I use lots of leftover dizzy stuff, mustard, black pepper and some coarse salt. Cook at 225-250 until 195 internal. I do like to foil at about 165 to keep the bark from getting to crusty. You can chunk it and it will fall apart. I mix it with some Q sauce and people love it. Some like it with a bun some without. We go through three or four of these at tailgaters.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Stoveworks,
    You can check my website for a picumaentary I just did of a "Pit Beef" cook, it is some awesome beef...it`s in the "cooks" section..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]