Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My first packer cut brisket

ShiffShiff Posts: 1,085
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night we had some friends over for Our Rosh Hashana dinner and I figured it was time to take the Packer Cut Brisket out of the freezer. I have only cooked flats before and was looking forward to this 17.5 pound Packer.

I coated it with mustard and my rub and had to use a V rack to get it to fit on the grid. Here it is right after it was put on the BGE.
DSC06213.jpg

It cooked for 25 hours at 215-230 grid temperature and I basted it often from the drippings. Here it is at the end of the cook.
DSC06215.jpg

Here are a few slices. I didn't have a lot of time to pose the meat since company was coming.
DSC06218.jpg

Once the brisket came off, I removed the point and put it back on at 250 degrees for another few hours for burnt ends. I cut it into cubes and will have it tonight. I wasn't going to share them with the guests.
DSC06217.jpg

This was the best brisket I have ever made. Juicy and tender and I am looking forward to the burnt ends.
Barry Lancaster, PA

Comments