Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My first packer cut brisket

ShiffShiff Posts: 1,097
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night we had some friends over for Our Rosh Hashana dinner and I figured it was time to take the Packer Cut Brisket out of the freezer. I have only cooked flats before and was looking forward to this 17.5 pound Packer.

I coated it with mustard and my rub and had to use a V rack to get it to fit on the grid. Here it is right after it was put on the BGE.
DSC06213.jpg

It cooked for 25 hours at 215-230 grid temperature and I basted it often from the drippings. Here it is at the end of the cook.
DSC06215.jpg

Here are a few slices. I didn't have a lot of time to pose the meat since company was coming.
DSC06218.jpg

Once the brisket came off, I removed the point and put it back on at 250 degrees for another few hours for burnt ends. I cut it into cubes and will have it tonight. I wasn't going to share them with the guests.
DSC06217.jpg

This was the best brisket I have ever made. Juicy and tender and I am looking forward to the burnt ends.
Barry Lancaster, PA

Comments