Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first packer cut brisket

Shiff
Shiff Posts: 1,835
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night we had some friends over for Our Rosh Hashana dinner and I figured it was time to take the Packer Cut Brisket out of the freezer. I have only cooked flats before and was looking forward to this 17.5 pound Packer.

I coated it with mustard and my rub and had to use a V rack to get it to fit on the grid. Here it is right after it was put on the BGE.
DSC06213.jpg

It cooked for 25 hours at 215-230 grid temperature and I basted it often from the drippings. Here it is at the end of the cook.
DSC06215.jpg

Here are a few slices. I didn't have a lot of time to pose the meat since company was coming.
DSC06218.jpg

Once the brisket came off, I removed the point and put it back on at 250 degrees for another few hours for burnt ends. I cut it into cubes and will have it tonight. I wasn't going to share them with the guests.
DSC06217.jpg

This was the best brisket I have ever made. Juicy and tender and I am looking forward to the burnt ends.
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments