Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Rib suggestions......

Lizard DraggerLizard Dragger Posts: 99
edited 7:27AM in EggHead Forum
My wife picked up 4 racks of Beef "Backribs" that I Froze. I am looking to cook them, and need ideas, I've never done beef ribs before. The racks are very nice, about the size of typical baby back ribs.

Any Ideas???? :)

Comments

• Smokem just like you do baby backs. Use a beef rub instead of a pork rub.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Just like Baby backs as Frank said. Here's some I did last week. 275 dome indirect with some grapevine for smoke Pulled at 200 deg. internal. Took exactly five hours, they were all within 3 degrees of 200.
    Deeelicioso :)
    DSC_0001_1-1.jpg
  • Ditto what Frank and Cpt'n Cook said. I use the same method for these that I use for Babybacks, 2-1-1.

They should look like this when about done.

108-0833_IMG.jpg

Mark
  • Couple more pics

IMG_0491800x600.jpg

IMG_0493800x600.jpg
  • I like to smoke them longer. I find that indirect at about 250 for 8 or 9 hours with a drip pan with a little beef broth, wine, and water gives me fall off the bone tender. I also use oak as my wood of choice for beef.
  •  
    The first time I did beef on the egg I cooked them too long, horrible. Dogs wouldn't even eat them.

Took me 1.5 years to even want to try them again. Got some meaty ribs cooked them for, I am guessing, about 4 hours at 250° dome, until they were tender. As you can see I tasted to make sure.

Ended up doing them the same way the next week.
    Best Ever.
    beefrib3done.jpg

beefrib1.jpg

beefrib2.jpg

GG