Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Support

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few months ago, I joined the cracked firebox club, and contacted BA in Atlanta, and told him I would be in Atlanta in mid June, and that I needed a new firebox to replace my cracked one, as well as a few supplies to take with me.
He offered to send me one immediately, however, I told him to hold on to it, and I would pick it up. When I drove up, he came out of the store with the new box, and asked what else I needed.
It's great to know that we have the type of support we have, and people like BA who make sure that the support is there.
Hammer

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hammer,
    You are lucky, here in the Phoenix area we deal with Barbeques Galore and they say they can't get accessories. I did get a replacement firebox because mine cracked in the first 6 months. When I wanted a plate setter and pizza stone I was told I had to order them from BGE as they could not get them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Maybe I should call BGE and ask why their accessories are not available through Barbeques Galore.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    New Bob,
    I have experienced the same with BB Galore; Seems as if they don't want to sell BGE or accessories. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I haven't found it.
    Call the BGE and talk to BA; he'll help you.
    Regards,
    Hammer

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Hammer,[p]It's good to know that when one walks in a store for purchase that an employee is there to help. This whole idea of making a profit doesnt cross my mind.[p]ST
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Iv'e got to differ with you on this one ST. [p]While it is true "Profit" shouldn't be the first thing on an employees mind while helping a customer....businesses who don't make a profit....??. They go out of business! [p]It is the "manner in which", and "quality of" the service they provide...(along with a good selection of quality products) that ultimatley determines a businesses success or failure!![p]I hope that the employee to whom " the whole idea of making a profit doesn't cross his mind"...doesn't work for me!![p]JMHO....[p]Eat heavy....Dress cool!![p]Chubby[p]PS.....Can you "Overnight" me some of this weekends Butt? I'll forward my address!!
    ("Big Smile" thinge)

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • GumbyQ
    GumbyQ Posts: 8
    Options
    New Bob,
    I too am in the Phoenix area, and have the same problems
    you are having with B.Q.Galore. If you would like we could order two each of the Plate-Setters & Pizza Stones and maybe save a little on shipping. Where are you located in
    Phoenix? I am at 55th Ave & Bell Rd. just in the Glendale area. Like to talk to another Egger in the area, I think we are few out West. Many Beers GumbyQ.