Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Need clarification on band removal

ShiffShiff Posts: 1,131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning to replace the gasket on my large BGE since it has gotten burnt. I called BGE and they sent me a Nomex adhesive free replacement gasket.

I've been reading as many posts as I could find about the process and the only part that is still confusing is the dome and band removal.

My grill was assembled by my dealer and he gave me the white plastic spring thingies to save. I tried them yesterday and they don't fit - they are a tiny bit short. So, I've decided that I will use some plastic cable ties instead of them which should solve this problem.

So, my confusion is about removing the bands so I can remove the dome. This is what I think is correct and I'd appreciate confirmation. It looks like I just have to loosen the 2 bolts (the bent ones that hold the bands together) a little so that I can remove the bands once I have used the cable ties to prevent the spring from opening. It looks like nothing else has to be loosened. Once the bands are loose, I can remove the dome and then the bands to get at both gasket surfaces. Does this make sense?

Barry
Barry Lancaster, PA

Comments