Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

grilled some fruit tonight....amongst other things

dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited 8:35PM in EggHead Forum
After trying RTDs pineapple spears in Atlanta I knew grilling fruit to be a good thing. I've been hearing so much about the new DP offering I had to try it myself.

As Alton Brown is ought to say....this was good eats.

Mango, peach, and pineapple.
DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0681.jpg

Some sweet potatoes

DSCF0659.jpg

DSCF0662.jpg

Gotta love the down the throat shot :woohoo:

DSCF0690.jpg

Man cannot live on fruit alone so we did some Pine Club burgers. Pineapple Head on the left and Cow Lick on the right.

DSCF0706.jpg

Finished PH burger with a slice of pineapple, tomato, provolone cheese, and Bobby-Q bbq sauce. Different Bobby Q from Oklahoma. Good sweet smokey sauce.
DSCF0708.jpg

Chris Pineapple Head on burgers is fantastic!

Comments

• Good lookin food. Your grilled sweet potatoes remind me of a recipe fav. around here. Rubbed, grilled, served w. a lime vinagrette and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,956
    I wish you were my Daddy!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    That is just wrong. Aren't you old enough to be mine? :whistle: :woohoo: :evil:

You lose your phone? Your girl might get her ride.
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    Thats some fine looking grub. I have been experimenting with the new dp pineapple head here. I have mixed it with jamaican firewalk on abt's, moink balls, burgers, chicken, and several cuts of pork. I still have not tried it on fruit yet, guess that's still to come.