Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shrimconpeños – Maiden Voyage of the Mini

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,327
edited 5:49PM in EggHead Forum
Ok, this was a bad attempt at inventing a new word, lets just call’m ABT’s with shrimp, bacon, jalapeños, goat cheese, & sage, seasoned with Benoits Cajun Seasoning. More importantly, it was the first cook on the mini. I thought it appropriate that it be broken in with splattering hog fat of some variety. To round out the typical football Sunday grub, wings & pies were made on big brother at the same time; I think I’m gonna like the versatility of dueling eggs:

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg
·

Comments

• Nice spread for gameday! The ABTs and pies look great, Marc. You must have already polished off the wings, eh? :) The shot with the uncooked ABTs looked like the lid on mini was not going to be able to shut.
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,327
    almost didn't, the way I figured out how many I could put was I brought the grid down to my garden & picked enough peppers to cover half (cuz I was cutt'n them in half), worked out great - put on 2 shots of the pie & forgot the wings, they were outstanding as well
    ·