Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

brisket fajita

edited 2:28AM in EggHead Forum
ev olive oil
butter
onion
green pepper
garlic
s&p

ikeblackoutII-021.jpg

add leftover 8th place brisket from last weekend's comp :woohoo:
and a little rub

ikeblackoutII-025.jpg

wrap it up with sour cream, cheddar cheese and salsa

ikeblackoutII-051.jpg

back in the egg till exactly crunchy

ikeblackoutII-032.jpg

the power is still out since sunday thanks to ike

you know what?

i don't care

B)

ikeblackoutII-050.jpg

Comments

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Show Off!!! :lol: Hope you get power back soon :) At least you're still eating good :woohoo:
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks great rick ;)

hope you get the power back on... i know living in the rv is costing a pretty penny in gas but just think you get to drive your bedroom to work :silly:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    awesome as usual Rick...love the way you crisped up that tortilla..I've been trying to do that indirect... looks like I needa try direct ;) ..who needs power w/food like that!?..j/k..hope you get it back soon..
  • Nice fajita Rick. No power gets old pretty quick. We were out 8 days after Gustav but most of that I was "evaporated to Houston" as I heard someone say today. Spent three nights sleeping on my carport when I returned. Lots of folks along the path are storm weary. Hopefully it won't be too long before you get power.
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Looks like an eighth place brisket became a 1st place fajitas! B)
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looks great!!! Does the Sour Cream hold up through the final cooking phase?
  • yep, it's not on the egg long after assembled, just enough to toast the tortilla