Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

low and slow crispy chicken wings

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,117
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
this method works beat for thighs as the wings do dry out a little, but its all about the skin with these for me.
DSC_0158.jpg
i start out with very little lump as i want to maximize distance between the grill and the fire. this doesnt look like enough but for a direct cook its plenty, infact this is all the lump i use for a direct rib cook that will last 7 hours, you use alot less lump with direct cooks.
DSC_0159.jpg
get the grate raised however you do it, the higher the better
wings were seasoned and then put in the fridge for a few hours
DSC_0161.jpg
i leave the daisy open more on thighs and wings to help with the moisture problem of the egg
DSC_0163.jpg
flipped them at an hour, then skinside up again after an hour and forty five, then finished cooking til they looked crunchy, 250 degrees, this cook went 2 hours and 15 minutes but i dont cook by times anyways.
DSC_0169.jpg
maybe not what everyones looking for, but this is how i like them, crispy skin, slightly dry and not greasy.

Comments