Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butts and Baby Backs

Marine CookMarine Cook Posts: 144
edited 1:30PM in EggHead Forum
I started two butts, a 7 and a 7.5, at 6:00pm. I used my new Maverick Remote Check dual probe thermometer for the first time and it worked great. I never lost connectivity anywhere in the house. I think it's a about 3 degrees shy of true but thats not bad.[p]I loaded the firebox for a 20 hour cook but the butts finished at 9:00am (15 hours). The temp hovered between 190 and 210 and peaked twice at 245. Wierd but I was ready to take advantage of a good fire and threw on 3 racks of baby backs.[p]It sur was nice not to have to get out of bed to check the fire. I think I'll pick up another Maverik for a backup. Happy egg'n.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
·