Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Butts and Baby Backs

Marine CookMarine Cook Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started two butts, a 7 and a 7.5, at 6:00pm. I used my new Maverick Remote Check dual probe thermometer for the first time and it worked great. I never lost connectivity anywhere in the house. I think it's a about 3 degrees shy of true but thats not bad.[p]I loaded the firebox for a 20 hour cook but the butts finished at 9:00am (15 hours). The temp hovered between 190 and 210 and peaked twice at 245. Wierd but I was ready to take advantage of a good fire and threw on 3 racks of baby backs.[p]It sur was nice not to have to get out of bed to check the fire. I think I'll pick up another Maverik for a backup. Happy egg'n.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC