Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pearl\'s Jumbo Franks...

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
natural light, natural casing, natural beef dogs.... mmm mmmm
i'm loving the newfound daylight (sun) which seems to have been absent for, oh, NINE MONTHS or so.

anyway, here's a pair of jumbo Pearl's dogs. a bit spicier than the regular size. they are sitting in a bun which would be very familiar to a New Englander. it's a Nissen split top roll. grilled it each side. barely big enough to hold the dogs. no kraut, no nuthin this time. it's more'n twelve hours later, and when i burp, i can still taste it. pretty cost-effective! i can skip breakfast!

i like this pic. just refinished the patio furniture the other day, and the color is much deeper than when new. but i think the orange/browns complement the blue glass and towel, and are of a family with the red/orange of all the sausage pics lately. how's that for artsy fartsy? wife says i have more pics of the food than the kids. not true. it's about even.

pearls_jumbo_franks.jpg
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Looks good! The food that is.

The pic is pretty good, but the back bun is blown out and the chair in the background is somewhat distracting.

Other than that, not too bad.

I love these photo forums.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    got some last night at shaws, going to cheese stuff and bacon wrap some tonight. pearls are so good you almost forget we once had the essems.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    i thought the DOF was enough to kill the chair but still establish context. i think the white betwen the slats of the chair IS a bit of a distraction, and i should have cropped. But the white does at least bolster the diagonal composition.

(har har!. time to decide what's fer lunch)
  • stike
    Options
    i thought my week of linguica/chorizo/franks was a heart attack waiting to happen. then you go and stuff them with cheese n bacon. hahaha

do you have an executor picked out for your will?
  • Essex County
    Options
    That's me. But he's only requested that his remains be placed in a dingy, lit afire and set adrift from his dock. It will be a sad day for the carp. (Or maybe not.)
  • stike
    Options
    did it specifiy that he needed to be dead yet? i don't mean to be crass, but the dude has a couple lakeside properties, some boats, and that amazing yankee candle collection....

i have a 55 gallon drum here, maybe we could work something out. let's take this offline. email me. use code, like, the subject of the email should be "about how to 'do away' with f!shl*ssMan and abscond with his stuff"
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Here's a Pearl that I did a couple of weeks ago, no longer bringing it up though, only lasted a couple of days.

Mine is a lot straighter than yours.
    Hotdog.jpg
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    heres some dogs and a nice piece of chourico. read yesterday that dinking more than 2 cups of water per hour, 1.5 cups if dieting, can cause strokes, comas, and death. so much for being healthy. electrolites (salts) are good for you, salt is bad bad bad. if i die, essex county knows what to do.

hotdogs003.jpg

2004_0204_233641.jpg

maybe the tuna and shrimp make the chourico better for you
    9d831fab.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    those cheese dogs are sumthin else, man.

that water was there for show. i posted probably twelve pics of booze and wine the other day, i needed to show some restraint. i tossed the water in the garden
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Can't wait to get up to Fred's Franks next week. Bringing a friend who doesn't own an Egg but is still a pretty good guy.
  • stike
    Options
    least mine curves up, steada to one side or the other.

you have great looking buns, if i may say so, too.

you going to the brentwood nh egg thing?
  • stike
    Options
    Fred says he'll post by 9am on Patriot's Day whether he's going to open or not that day. I think the weather is iffy.

here's a new thing he's trying (from his website): "I have been experimenting all winter developing and fine tuning a 12 hour, apple wood smoked pork shoulder/butt, that makes some of the best pulled pork sangwiches you ever tasted. How about a pulled pork Tuesday once in awhile? mmmmmmmm...or course if you wanted to put a little pulled pork under your Pearl hot dog...a scoop of chopped onion...mmmmmm, maybe with a little habanero barbacue sauce, -the pulled pork dog. "

should be good.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    looks great!!!!! and here i am trying to stop eating so many hotdogs and you go around showing off!!!!! now i am hungry ;)

wonder if i can get a hotdog around here (i am in atlanta visiting my mom) that looks like that... proabably not :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I am planning to, have never been to one before so not planning to cook.
  • stike
    Options
    Hotdogs aren't so bad for you, are they?

i can air-freight one overnight, if you are really jonesing for one.
  • stike
    Options
    i've never been either, but i think EssexCo is going. He talked me into it. Fishless might be, and if he goes i think he's cooking too.

Give it a shot.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1. Nice Photo.
    2. Who are you kidding, that's gin in that glass.
    3. where did you get the Pearl dogs? Fred told me he sees them at Shaws sometimes, but I never have.
    4. I forget what Number 4 is.
    5. Thanks for reminding me, I haven't reserved my reservation for Brentwood yet.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Artsy Fartsy....well I'll take a good pic over a bad pic anyday, I enjoy your pic's of food. (I know what your thinking...don't go there) Looks like tectona grandis furniture. Nice.
    Art is a window washer. ( a joke we had in my college days). ;)
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks for the fine offer although i think the wife would really think i lost my mind if i start getting hotdogs air freighted to me.... she is pretty understanding about the whole egg thing. but i think i would be streatching if we start getting hoptdogs airfreighted in... although it would be classic to see the look on the mailman's face when he showed up and i did the hotdog dance :lol: (have not made one up yet but i would)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• stike
    Options
    my wife calls it "the antler dance", not the "hot dog dance". she doesn;t care for it much, frnakly. i imagine my mailman would never deliver to us again if i did it for him.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Seriously, I get a refrigerated package delivered once a month (popsicle of the month club). I could give it to stike with the Icepacks that come with it and you could get your fancy hotdogs delivered to your door, chilled to perfection.
  • stike
    Options
    you know, bob-O. today just may be the first gin day... good ideer. see if you can get out early, and stop by. sposeda be in the high 70's.

tryna figger out if we are staying over the firday of eggfest (meet-n-greet). i'm not much of a meeter/greeter, frankly. and the event is only 2 hours.

once we figger it out, i'll register.

yoo cookin?
  • The translucent plate is arranged well, so as to enhance the texture and flawless asymmetrrical lines of the towel. This is almost classic use of the rule of thirds. The eye is drawn along and up across the image, yet repeatedly back to the central theme. Background surfaces help to create a profound sense of depth Just the slightest hint of Rembrandtic lighting.....oh, and the franks look good, too. :P
  • Not that good but better than the Varsity, look up Skips Hotdogs, onein Avondale & one in Atlanta. Pretty good.
  • stike
    Options
    thought "tectonic grandis" was a company name. hahahaha

had to look it up.
    i tried to convince my loverly wife that to let it go grey was the right thing. a little patina. then my mom spilled spaghetti sauce on it, and it got other stains with oil and stuff, so i spent last weekend and a cuppla days this week refinishing/oiling. i am actually debating using a 'sealer' (not really a shellac or varnish), something to keep me from redoing it every year if she prefers the 'new' look. when new, it was actually a beautiful yellow. but i like this color too. you can leave it out year round, winters, unprotected. stuff is harder than anything.

but a bit of work i hadn't expected, frankly.
  • stike
    Options
    careful, man. or they'll beat us BOTH up after school.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Opening Day for G&T season sounds great! I can stop by for a visit at about 3:30/4:00.

I'll get the hell out of here and give you a call just so you know I'm a comin!

I have a little league practice to coach at 6:00 so I have to get the kiddies fed before I leave at 5:30, so unfortunately (or fortunately) I do have a schedule to keep.

Right now it's 11:58 and I'm heading downstairs to the BW for lunch.
  • BENTE
    Options
    and they say government jobs are the best...... i guess it all depends on if your government job is delivering good stuff to stike :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• aw, I was just practicing for the OKC Festival of the Arts next week. The artists think we are having an actual conversation while my wife browses. It's really about the only entertainment available to me out there.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Lots of people like Sabrett's (old NY style) and they're easy to find here on the Suncoast (Publix).

Rascal