Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need recipe - enchiladas

Options
elFloyd
elFloyd Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got some left over pulled pork that I want to use for enchiladas. (Actually, it's only a 'leftover' because I hid it!!!) [p]I've searched the Recipe section with no luck.[p]Anyone have a recipe for pulled pork enchiladas?[p]Thanks,[p]elFloyd

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    elFloyd, Click on the "view new recipes" on top of of this page. Also GFW's website has a winner recipe also.
    http://yyyz.net/bge/default.asp
    Painter

[ul][li]enchiladas[/ul]
  • elFloyd
    elFloyd Posts: 50
    Options
    Painter,[p]Sounds great.... Thanks![p]elFloyd

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    06_22_0017_57_01_small.jpg
    <p />elFloyd, another recipe - check out the link! :~}[p]
    [ul][li]Enchiladas [/ul]
  • elFloyd,[p]The sauce is the important thing. Here's one authentic enchilada sauce that I like:[p]Heat 2 T. lard, butter, or bacon drippings and mix in 2 T. flour.
    (Butter + bacon drippings works well)[p]
    Heat, stirring, until flour turns light brown.[p]Mix in a little less than 1/4 c. mild powdered Ancho chili (NOT chili spices with cumin etc. already mixed in. Just plain powdered chili.)[p]Stir in 2 c. beef broth. Add 1 clove minced garlic, pinch of Mexican oregano and Mexican cumin (NOTE: Mexican spices differ from their American counterparts. Find them in Mexican grocery stores)[p]Add salt to taste. And perhaps a 1/2 t. or so of sugar?[p]Simmer at least 10 min.[p]Adding 1 can of Green Chili Sauce (Ortega) will extend it, and make it even more mild.