Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How to cook a steak

sdbeltsdbelt Posts: 267
edited 7:32AM in EggHead Forum
The California Barbecue Association has this to say about how to cook a steak:[p] Grilling a Steak[p]Also, the link on that page for USDA Grading, correctly notes that Prime is the best grade of beef you can buy, though there are organizations that would work to have you think otherwise, or have you think you are getting Prime, when in fact you are getting Choice.[p]Of the folks on this forum that I have seen share their cooking technique for steak, Tim M's method comes closest to aligning with the above. However, I'd be curious to know what the Association thinks of dwelling, as it's my guess they don't assume that every cooker is possible of performing a dwell. If anyone here is a member of that Association, I'd be curious as to whether the topic has come up.[p]Enjoy![p]--sdb

• sdbelt,
    Using the realse method also works very well with fish (cooked a lower temps of course) to decide when to turn.

• DavidRDavidR Posts: 178
    sdbelt,[p]Thanks for the link. I gotta remember what grade of steak to use the next time I grill. I used the 'select' grade from Sam's the last time, and they didn't turn out well at all.