Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to cook a steak

Options
sdbelt
sdbelt Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The California Barbecue Association has this to say about how to cook a steak:[p] Grilling a Steak[p]Also, the link on that page for USDA Grading, correctly notes that Prime is the best grade of beef you can buy, though there are organizations that would work to have you think otherwise, or have you think you are getting Prime, when in fact you are getting Choice.[p]Of the folks on this forum that I have seen share their cooking technique for steak, Tim M's method comes closest to aligning with the above. However, I'd be curious to know what the Association thinks of dwelling, as it's my guess they don't assume that every cooker is possible of performing a dwell. If anyone here is a member of that Association, I'd be curious as to whether the topic has come up.[p]Enjoy![p]--sdb

Comments