Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

high temp beer butt

Kevin DKevin D Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just took a beer butt chicken off the Egg that I cooked at 450°. It came out excellent. My previous beer butt cook was at 350°. I had done that just once, and since then have been cooking them spatchcocked, using TNW's method.[p]My goal with this cook was to replicate the results that I get on a Weber kettle. The last time I did a beer butt on the Weber was during the summer. I put an oven thermometer in the kettle to check the temp. It maintained a fairly steady 450°. (poor Weber, it's going to have a medium Egg for company next summer)[p]With the Weber, I leave the chicken on for 1 1/2 hours. On the Egg, I left it on for 1 hour. One hour is plenty. A bit much for me, but perfect for my wife. The breast temps were in the mid to upper 180's. The moisture from the beer, or this time a can of coke, kept the bird very moist.[p]This is definately a great method to cook a chicken, especially if you want to do three or four at a time.[p]Kevin[p]

Comments