Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

high temp beer butt

Kevin DKevin D Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just took a beer butt chicken off the Egg that I cooked at 450°. It came out excellent. My previous beer butt cook was at 350°. I had done that just once, and since then have been cooking them spatchcocked, using TNW's method.[p]My goal with this cook was to replicate the results that I get on a Weber kettle. The last time I did a beer butt on the Weber was during the summer. I put an oven thermometer in the kettle to check the temp. It maintained a fairly steady 450°. (poor Weber, it's going to have a medium Egg for company next summer)[p]With the Weber, I leave the chicken on for 1 1/2 hours. On the Egg, I left it on for 1 hour. One hour is plenty. A bit much for me, but perfect for my wife. The breast temps were in the mid to upper 180's. The moisture from the beer, or this time a can of coke, kept the bird very moist.[p]This is definately a great method to cook a chicken, especially if you want to do three or four at a time.[p]Kevin[p]

Comments