Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What, no Woosday?

duckeggduckegg Posts: 267
edited 2:12PM in EggHead Forum
FleeMarket.jpg
<p />Just because you Eggfesters are still sleeping it off I see no reason to abandon Woosday.[p]This is a pic taken at a big Flee Market in Alameda CA. They had a great deal of cast iron there but at very high prices. Too heavy to take back to MA anyway.[p]If you look closely you can see a couple of Duckeggs, lucky you :-).

Comments

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    P4160001.jpg
    <p />duckegg,[p]Here is my contribution! This is last night's meal (Tri tip and green bean prepared on the egg)![p]Smokey
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    duckegg,
    I was thinking the same thing (what no Woosday?) but am far to shy to say anything. Thanks for kicking it off.[p]Getting ready to throw a butt on...[p]DSC_0001.jpg[p]Getting the fire started...[p]DSC_0009-2.jpg[p]Getting close...[p]DSC_0015.jpg[p]While this is cooking on the large, threw a steak on the small...[p]DSC_0021.jpg[p]Dinner while the butt is cooking...[p]DSC_0039.jpg

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    duckegg,[p]And shockingly similar to smokey, I offer up a sliced flat iron, egged sweet potato, and fresh green beans:[p]PlatedSmall.jpg
  • LonelyTexasWaffle.jpg
    <p />duckegg,
    Texas for breakfast for the Early Eggtoberfesters.[p]Spring "Food For Thought" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    dsc03972aaL.jpg
    <p />duckegg,[p]I posted this tenderloin twice already, but it's worth one more time. Here is a chuckie to go along with it.[p]DSC03945a.jpg[p]Happy Woosday woohoo.gif
    ~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    duckegg,
    Cut down Triple Threat
    DSCI0038.jpg

Big'un,[p]I don't eat alot of pork, but your Triple Threat "Rocked".[p]Smokey
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,722
    100_1629.jpg
    <p />duckegg,
    some rescent cooks, stuffed grape leaves[p]100_1643.jpg[p]2 bone rib[p]100_1648.jpg[p]pinwheels resting after the sear[p]100_1658.jpg[p]and a picnic shoulder ready for pulling. i really like cooking in the fall.[p]

• egretegret Posts: 4,107
    How about some Cow Lickin' Chili with your favorite beverage?[p]TimetoEat2.jpg
  • egret,
    ROTLMAO. .. you just made me spew!! ... glad that grape soda is getting put to good uses!! . . ..

Smokey,
    Thanks! I really appreciated you coming over and talking for a while. It meant a lot. I tried to stay busy most of the day, so I didn't get out much. It was a real pleasure talking with you!

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,833
    <a href=pumpkin.jpg</a>">
    <p />duckegg,[p]A stuffed pie pumpkin, about 8" diameter. Interior coated with oil, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper. Stuffed with sauteed onion, browned beef, cooked wild rice, a handful of dried cherries and blueberries, and 1 egg stirred in. Roasted indirect till pumpkin flesh was 200.[p]gdenby

• WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    MorningSunFacingSouth.jpg
    <p />Autumn Garden....[p]Autumn Leaves...
    Oct212007074.jpg[p]Autumn Peppers...
    LastPepperHarvest.jpg[p]
    Autumn Ribs...
    Oct82007102.jpg[p]Happy Autumn![p]john

• WooDoggies,[p]Somehow that last shot just didn't fit in but made me laugh. I hope all is well with you John. We missed you at Eggtoberfest.
    Sandra

• 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    Parmasean crusted pork loinVACATION2007027.jpg
    VACATION2007026.jpg

• JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    20071020_14-48-54.jpg

20071020_12-59-41.jpg

20071020_15-39-17.jpg

Jeeves,[p]You have a unique eye my friend![p]Good meeting you![p]Smokey
  • WooDoggies,
    I agree with Jerkey Junkie, you should have pulled the Woo-Jet out of mothballs and flew down to Atlana. You would have had a Woo-Time for sure.[p]Spring "Woo Woo Is Not Just A Train Whistle Anymore" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Jeeves,
    welll. .. .it didn't take long for that to show up now did it?! LOL... .at least i'm now a full fledged member of the BBS (that's the Burnt Bread Society - of which chubby and i are, i think, the only two 'out of the closet' members) .. ..

• Jeeves,
    To play on a old one, "Everyone has a photographic memory, just some should not have film" ha I had hoped to forget tjat sign.

• WooDoggies,
    i used to have a couple of large photos by elliott porter hanging in my house. .. he had nothing on you!! ...beautiful my friend, simply beautiful!!

• Jeeves,
    Haaaaa... Looks like Eggs saluting trash cans. [p]Spring "Marching To A Different Egg Beater" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

To be honest, I was about ready to grab some of it -just flick off some of the really black stuff, still makes some good eats!
  • duckegg,
    DSCN1789.jpg
    Here is my contribution.
    Ross

• duckegg,
    here is a picture of a sunset I took last week
    GVMACatering2007033.jpg
    Here is a smoked pizza
    turkeycook004.jpg
    Lastly here is my crew for a 400 person catering job I did last Friday. That is 25 pork butts pulled on the table!Hoss
    GVMACatering2007013.jpg

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,638
    Big'un,
    Do you precook the sausage and let it cool prior to stuffing?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    Smokey,[p]
    Thanks - more like a twisted mind! ;)[p]Pleasure was all mine - looking forward to the future and can't wait...[p]-Mike/Jeeves

Photo Egg,
    No, it went in raw and cooked perfectly and added moisture to the loin as well. Thanks for asking.