Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White vs black plate setter

Options
Janet
Janet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I noticed on some of the photos of the eggfest that the plate setters were actually white. Please tell me that this was because they were new. I haven't seen a white one since I took mine out of the car after buying it.

Comments

• Janet,
    Sorry for my ignorance, I am a fairly new to the Big Green "Eggperience", what would you use this plate for?
    Thanks
    Brenda from Canada[p]

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Brenda,[p]The plate setter came to life for Eggers a couple of years ago as a discovery made by Kathy Gocek while walking through a ceramic supply store. Over time, Eggers have used the plate setter in unique ways but it primarily boils down to two main uses:[p]1) the plate setter, in combination with a pizza stone, is used to provide a "hearth type" environment to bake such foods as pizza and breads.
    2) either standing right side up, or upside down, the plate setter is used to shield the food from direct exposure to the fires of lump during a cook. This is called an "indirect" cook.[p]Below is a link to a picture of for baking pizza and breads.[p]Hope this helped.[p]Puj

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Brenda,[p]Ooops! Here's the link to the plate setter setup.
    [ul][li]Plate Setter and Pizza Stone[/ul]