Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

thanks from an addicted lurker!

BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just put about 13 pounds of Boston Butt onto the egg and thought I would chime in about how much this forum means to me. I don't know diddly about grilling and as a man in his forties I am ashamed to admit that! For years I have hated grilling. The food was always just ok and I have to say that I am a pretty darn good cook. I mean I can really get around in the kitchen but at the grill I was a dork. When I decided to dump the gas grill and get a Webber I started to look around on the net and just happened accross the Egg....How lucky was that![p]Because of the obvious pride you all took with your food and cooks here on the forum and because there seemed to be no end to the resources I went ahead and spent 10 times what I had budgeted and bit the bullet. All of a sudden I am having people ask me to barbeque for them...I have only done one boston butt cook and I have obtained just shy of celebrity status here in the mountains![p]Really just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your insite, your photos, your willingness to share and help out...[p]Perhaps I will get to the point of taking pics of my egg creations too...I am still putting up with a bit of ribbing from my wife for always lurking on the forum...she has even begun making fun of me in front of friends but is quick to insert that the food is unbelievable if I look at her sideways just so![p]Have a great night and wish me luck on low and slow #2![p]Jay

Comments