Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thanks from an addicted lurker!

Options
BlueRidge
BlueRidge Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just put about 13 pounds of Boston Butt onto the egg and thought I would chime in about how much this forum means to me. I don't know diddly about grilling and as a man in his forties I am ashamed to admit that! For years I have hated grilling. The food was always just ok and I have to say that I am a pretty darn good cook. I mean I can really get around in the kitchen but at the grill I was a dork. When I decided to dump the gas grill and get a Webber I started to look around on the net and just happened accross the Egg....How lucky was that![p]Because of the obvious pride you all took with your food and cooks here on the forum and because there seemed to be no end to the resources I went ahead and spent 10 times what I had budgeted and bit the bullet. All of a sudden I am having people ask me to barbeque for them...I have only done one boston butt cook and I have obtained just shy of celebrity status here in the mountains![p]Really just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your insite, your photos, your willingness to share and help out...[p]Perhaps I will get to the point of taking pics of my egg creations too...I am still putting up with a bit of ribbing from my wife for always lurking on the forum...she has even begun making fun of me in front of friends but is quick to insert that the food is unbelievable if I look at her sideways just so![p]Have a great night and wish me luck on low and slow #2![p]Jay

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    BlueRidge,
    Welcome to the club, keep in touch here, it will only get better. -RP

• BlueRidge,
    ain't it the truth?[p]i've got 27 pounds of boston butt to put on tomorrow

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    That's a lot of meat, good thing you got a large. -RP

• BlueRidge,
    Hey. I have had my egg for a little over a year now and have people bringing me ribs, briskets, and turkey to do on the egg. I think i am the only person on the Zuni Indian Reservation to have an egg, almost every household here have an outside oven the can bake about 25 loaves of bread but these can't do ribs and briskets. Have a good one[p]Andres

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    Zunibbq,
    Where are you located? I live in Page. Like your post. John

• AZ Traveler ,
    I am in Zuni, which is about 30 mile south of Gallup, NM. I do go to Page, before taking in at Lee's Ferry for a river trip down the Grand Canyon. Have not figured a way to take the egg down the river. Too much rocks on those ripids for the egg.[p]Andres

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    BlueRidge,
    As an after thought you will more than likely ask yourself why did I wait so long to do this?The best thing is when your wife makes the comment that the food is great is a plus.Sounds like you should get the better half into cooking on the Egg and have a wonderful adventure in a new and great cooking experience.Welcome to a wonderful forum for any of your cooking questions and keep on doing your thing on the Egg.

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    Zunibbq,
    That would be rough, besides, the dutch oven food tastes pretty good after a day on the river. Have a nice evening. AZ

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    Congrats on your success![p]I luv butts![p]I already have so much in the freezer, but I still owe the neighbor one. I guess I'll go get a double packer at Sams (they sell them by 2, right?).[p]I got my DP shipment last week, so I'm going to mix it up a little with some of the other rubs, along with some mustard.[p]It's going to be a great BBQ weekend![p]-Jeeves