Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Side Dish/Sauce

JethroJethro Posts: 495
edited 12:25PM in EggHead Forum
A few weeks ago I posted looking for a beef tenderloin recipe. Got a few good ideas, but since I would be needing to spend a great deal of time working on a project that day I opted for a simpler recipe from "?eber Grill Out!". The brisket was pretty good, but the sidedish/sauce that went with it was excellent and I wanted to share that with you. It is as follows:[p]Ingredients:[p]2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Cup sliced green onions
1/4 Cup margarine or butter
2 Tbs dry sherry (I used brandy)
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs Dijon-style mustard[p]Directions:
cook mushrooms and green onions in margarine till tender. Stir in sherry, soy sauce, and mustard. Heat through.[p]We served it over the tenderloin and also by itself, if you like shrooms I think you will enjoy this.[p]Keep 'em Smokin,
Jethro[p]If anyone else has this book, I would be interested in your thoughts on the following recipes:[p]Orintal Steak Pinwheels
Gyros Roast &
Burgundy Beef Roast

·

Comments

• MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    Jethro,
    A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for a stuffed flank steak using mushrooms and onions. I think your recipe for the mushrooms sounds better and would be great stuffing for the flank steak or for the "London broil" (same thing), in the preceding thread. Thanks

·
  • JethroJethro Posts: 495
    Marvin,[p]I think it would be good with a lot of beef dishes. I would like to try it with a steak sometime.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

·