Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Side Dish/Sauce

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few weeks ago I posted looking for a beef tenderloin recipe. Got a few good ideas, but since I would be needing to spend a great deal of time working on a project that day I opted for a simpler recipe from "?eber Grill Out!". The brisket was pretty good, but the sidedish/sauce that went with it was excellent and I wanted to share that with you. It is as follows:[p]Ingredients:[p]2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Cup sliced green onions
1/4 Cup margarine or butter
2 Tbs dry sherry (I used brandy)
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs Dijon-style mustard[p]Directions:
cook mushrooms and green onions in margarine till tender. Stir in sherry, soy sauce, and mustard. Heat through.[p]We served it over the tenderloin and also by itself, if you like shrooms I think you will enjoy this.[p]Keep 'em Smokin,
Jethro[p]If anyone else has this book, I would be interested in your thoughts on the following recipes:[p]Orintal Steak Pinwheels
Gyros Roast &
Burgundy Beef Roast

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Jethro,
    A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for a stuffed flank steak using mushrooms and onions. I think your recipe for the mushrooms sounds better and would be great stuffing for the flank steak or for the "London broil" (same thing), in the preceding thread. Thanks

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Marvin,[p]I think it would be good with a lot of beef dishes. I would like to try it with a steak sometime.[p]Regards,
    Jethro