Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Don't try this at home...

CatCat Posts: 556
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks -[p]I made a dumb mistake tonight, and hope a full confession might save some of you from doing the same.[p]My last two cooks were direct (baby backs & butterflied chicken), which left a lot of drippings on the leftover lump. For tonight's indirect (leg of lamb), I got lazy - just stirred up the old coals and added some new.[p]What I got was loads of billowing smoke throughout the cook. The lamb was perfectly medium rare and reasonably tasty, but had a slightly acrid smokiness that overshadowed the mustard/garlic/soy/rosemary marinade. Good thing I had hungry guests! [p]Next time I go direct I'll burn down the leftover lump before cooking something else.[p]Cathy

Comments