Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lamb kabobs?

Cornbread WillyCornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited 3:54AM in EggHead Forum
A friend just brought me some "barbecue meat" spice back from the bazaar in Istanbul. I imagine it is designed for lamb - maybe with some olive oil and yogurt marinade. My question is this - what cut of lamb should I buy to make kabobs?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 21,759
    Cornbread Willy,
    leg is good, make the tebouleh salad as well. you want them slightly charred on the exterior, but not past medium rare or they toughen up

[ul][li]lamb kabobs[/ul]
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    LambKabobs.jpg
    <p />fishlessman,[p]Wow, your's look great. I agree with using the leg cut and not cooking past med rare.
    These were marinated in yogurt, fresh lemon juice and a bunch of spices overnight.... tried to get a good char but they cooked a little too long.... flavor was good, tho.
    Next time I'll go with bigger chunks like yours and pull them off the grill a little sooner. [p]john