Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb kabobs?

Options
Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend just brought me some "barbecue meat" spice back from the bazaar in Istanbul. I imagine it is designed for lamb - maybe with some olive oil and yogurt marinade. My question is this - what cut of lamb should I buy to make kabobs?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    leg is good, make the tebouleh salad as well. you want them slightly charred on the exterior, but not past medium rare or they toughen up

[ul][li]lamb kabobs[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    LambKabobs.jpg
    <p />fishlessman,[p]Wow, your's look great. I agree with using the leg cut and not cooking past med rare.
    These were marinated in yogurt, fresh lemon juice and a bunch of spices overnight.... tried to get a good char but they cooked a little too long.... flavor was good, tho.
    Next time I'll go with bigger chunks like yours and pull them off the grill a little sooner. [p]john