Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pork Chops on the egg

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some good groceries tonite. [p]Wife cooked fresh sweet/white corn that was picked by a friend yesterday. [p]Also, fresh green beans. [p]That was to go along with 1 1/4" thick pork chops cooked on the egg. [p]It was some kind of tasty.[p]Prepared the chops by putting some Natures Seasoning (by Mortons) along with some Blues Hog rub. Topped it off with just a little sprinkling of allspice just to give it a little flair. [p]Used a combo of hickory and cherry woods. [p]Cranked the egg up and did a high temp sear, and then dropped em down to around 300. Used my brand spanking new Thermapin to monitor when they were done (Thanks Mollyshark). [p]Used a little Blues Hog sauce mixed with another sauce I had in the Fridge. But honestly, the chops were so good, didn't need any sauce on em. [p]Only problem is didn't have/take the time to get my camera out of my truck. [p]Those chops looked good on the plate for about a minute. But wasn't long before they looked gone. [p]My wife loved em. We'll definately be trying that recipe again![p]Bubba T[p]Bubba T