Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sweet Potato Pie

BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited 4:43AM in EggHead Forum
Looking for a good reliable recipe. This will be my first, and I want to do it on the Egg.

Comments

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    BlueSmoke,[p]I use this recipe for Pumpkin-Pecan Pie and sub use drained canned yams for the puree in place of the pumpkin. At the bottom of the page is a good recipe for just plain old sweet tater pie that is very good as well. [p]Zip
    [ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
  • BlueSmoke,[p]I have made this pie twice and thought it was really good.
    It's from the Ebony Magazine Cookbook.

[ul][li]Sweet Potato Pie [/ul]
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    EJ,
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.[p]BS

Zip,
    Looks like a lot of good cookin' -- I'll definitely check in there again...[p]B.S.

EJ,
    What I ended up doing was taking two small cans of sweet potatoes, drained, and 1 can of peach chunks, also drained. Put them through the mixer with 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk. Poured it into a 9" pie shell and Egged at 400º for half an hour. Deeeeeeeeeee-licious. Next time I'll add more sugar.

• EJ,
    That is an awesome recipe EJ.. I will be making that for sure.. [p] [p]Dylan