Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sweet Potato Pie

BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited 10:28PM in EggHead Forum
Looking for a good reliable recipe. This will be my first, and I want to do it on the Egg.

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    BlueSmoke,[p]I use this recipe for Pumpkin-Pecan Pie and sub use drained canned yams for the puree in place of the pumpkin. At the bottom of the page is a good recipe for just plain old sweet tater pie that is very good as well. [p]Zip
    [ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
  • BlueSmoke,[p]I have made this pie twice and thought it was really good.
    It's from the Ebony Magazine Cookbook.

[ul][li]Sweet Potato Pie [/ul]
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.[p]BS

Looks like a lot of good cookin' -- I'll definitely check in there again...[p]B.S.

What I ended up doing was taking two small cans of sweet potatoes, drained, and 1 can of peach chunks, also drained. Put them through the mixer with 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk. Poured it into a 9" pie shell and Egged at 400º for half an hour. Deeeeeeeeeee-licious. Next time I'll add more sugar.

• EJ,
    That is an awesome recipe EJ.. I will be making that for sure.. [p] [p]Dylan