Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

If you got to eat chicken!!

EarlEarl Posts: 468
edited 6:19AM in EggHead Forum
<p />
Make it on the Egg. This is our dinner,which, took about 1hr&45mins.
Didn't feel like cooking, so I through them on the Egg & let them go.
If you feel like me & don't want to fire up the stove, fire up the Egg, I don't think of it as cooking cause you don't have to do anything but wait & eat.[p]Earl

• Earl,[p]Whoa! What's up here? The chicken is up on a rack, and what is on the grid underneath it? Please explain the technique here.[p]

• EarlEarl Posts: 468

No problem whiz. All I have done, is cove a pizza stone with tin foil so that it will act as a heat deflector. We have been doing this for sometime now & it works great. You end up with a golden brown skin, juicy chicken & great flavor. You can cook with higher heat ( 425F ) with very little chance of burning the food. If you don't have a stone, then go with firebricks, works just as well. Let me know if you need any more help. Oh yes, cooked at 400-425 for aprox 1-1/2hrs.[p]Earl