Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Just got home with my BGE

TurkeyTurkey Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got it!! I just got all the pieces around to the deck and wil assemble after dinner. I have to put the deck furniture together first, orders from the wife.[p]I went to pick up my Egg which I pre-arranged this morning by calling and having them save it for me. When I got there they did not have the Autolocking band! Apparently another sales woman sold it to a guy ten minutes before I got ther. I was really pissed! I was really laying into these guys for being so stupid. I mean, why would you sell a $40 part which now prohibits you from selling a $600 grill! Pretty stupid thing to do at 10am on a beautiful saturday morning. I basically told them that it cost them a $600 sale.[p]So I called another store and drove 2 hours to get my egg. 5 hours and $750 later I have my egg. Worth every minute and penny.[p]The large egg w/locking band, dual function top, temp guage and nest was $629 + tax. Spend a bunch more on other goodies including 3 20lb bags of lump. They were $12 for the 20lb bags of BGE brand. Figure that will last me through the summer at least.[p]Got to get to work on the furniture so I can get to me Egg and start thinking about dinner tomorrow.[p]Mark

Comments