Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got home with my BGE

Options
Turkey
Turkey Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got it!! I just got all the pieces around to the deck and wil assemble after dinner. I have to put the deck furniture together first, orders from the wife.[p]I went to pick up my Egg which I pre-arranged this morning by calling and having them save it for me. When I got there they did not have the Autolocking band! Apparently another sales woman sold it to a guy ten minutes before I got ther. I was really pissed! I was really laying into these guys for being so stupid. I mean, why would you sell a $40 part which now prohibits you from selling a $600 grill! Pretty stupid thing to do at 10am on a beautiful saturday morning. I basically told them that it cost them a $600 sale.[p]So I called another store and drove 2 hours to get my egg. 5 hours and $750 later I have my egg. Worth every minute and penny.[p]The large egg w/locking band, dual function top, temp guage and nest was $629 + tax. Spend a bunch more on other goodies including 3 20lb bags of lump. They were $12 for the 20lb bags of BGE brand. Figure that will last me through the summer at least.[p]Got to get to work on the furniture so I can get to me Egg and start thinking about dinner tomorrow.[p]Mark

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Turkey,
    Welcome. And enjoy being a new member of the Cult of The Big Green Egg![p]Carey

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Turkey,
    congrats on the purchase! and welcome.[p]That 3 bags of lump doesn't have a chance past July 4![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Turkey,
    Welcome to the family. Whatever you need let us know. We are here for you.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Turkey,
    From a relative newbie himself, welcome.
    And I agree with NB...those 3 bags won't last you long from the sounds of your previous posts. I'm starting on my 3rd bag soon and I've had mine not quite 2 months! Not sure, but I think the suggested amount of cooks you'll get per bag is based on a few, brief cooks. If anything like most of us, you'll be cooking a lot, especially at first, and doing longer cooks.
    Enjoy! Now, quit reading this and get back to work!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Turkey, that was a adventure and a half...Now be carefull with that locking band..and get into the habit of lifting, listen for the click...and when you release, lift again and unlatch and lower the dome. Repeat the sequence until its familiar. Limit the use of it to only those that will be regulars with it.
    When the new bands come out, that will be eliminated in the future. I hope.
    Cheers to ya..C~W[p]