Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini BGE Pizza Results

FritzFritz Posts: 179
edited 3:16AM in EggHead Forum
When Spin said he did this I thought he had to be kidding. I could not imagine doing a pizza in the Mini BGE. So, we tried it Saturday night. There are no pics because we ate them so fast. :-)[p]I placed two stones in the mini warmed 'em up for about 20 minutes at 450*. In went the pies. I took 'em out att 5 minutes.Perfect.[p]The last pie (#5) I cooked for about 7 minutes as the temp had fallen to about 375*. Perfect.[p]When we were done I removed the stones and there was practically zero lump left. THE mini was holding a temp of about 375* with no lump.[p]This was an incredibly fun way to do pizza. These small pies allowed for lots of individualization with toppings and we did not use much lump.[p]I don't know why I ever doubted the mini could do it.[p]Fritz
·

Comments

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Fritz,
    Where did you get the small pizza stone? Or did you use something else? Thanks
    Fireball[p]

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Fireball,
    You beat me to that question, I was wondering the same thing. Theres only one of me and I'm not that big of an eater, a mini pizza sounds great.
    New Bob

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Fritz,[p]Sorry for not posting to your response :-{.[p]The little one is certainly not as serious as its larger siblings, but does offer the most fun for experimentation.[p]An Egg is an Egg. Congratulations.[p]Spin
    ·
  • FritzFritz Posts: 179
    Fireball,[p]If my memory is correct we bought them at Target. They were right there in the cookware department. They are sold two to a pack, perfect for the mini. I am sorry I cannot remember the name of the manufacturer, we bought them a couple of years ago for use in the small.[p]Fritz
    ·