Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yo - Car Wash Mike - Was it your rib recipe ??

MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
edited 6:54AM in EggHead Forum
Some one - a while back had a rib cook - indirect and no foil. Was it you ?? If so could you post the details again?? I used it about two months ago and they came out perfect. Now I can't find my notes.
·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Memphis,
    It might have been. I don't foil. They are not fall off the bone. Thin layer of mustard, rub on both sides. I start out at 250 dome after 3 hours bump temp up to 275 for 1 - 11/2 hours. Mist with apple juice/apple cider vinegar mixture about every hour after the first hour. Sauce last 20-30 minutes.[p]HTH[p]Mike

·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Car Wash Mike,
    Direct or indrect?
    Thanks

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    HungryMan,
    Indirect.[p]Mike

·
  • MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
    Car Wash Mike, That's it!!! But for some reason I thought it was more involved than that. I'm not a fan of foil. Lose to much flavor. Also not a fan of "fall off the bone". I like a little tug and a little suck on the bone. (get your minds out of the gutter) As I recall - yours is a great simple straight forward way to do ribs. Lots of flavor and very tender.
    ·
  • Memphis,
    This is the way I'm going to cook this year in competitions. My first, but fall off the bone is not going to cut it.
    Hope it works of you.[p]Mike

·