Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Yo - Car Wash Mike - Was it your rib recipe ??

MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
edited 1:32AM in EggHead Forum
Some one - a while back had a rib cook - indirect and no foil. Was it you ?? If so could you post the details again?? I used it about two months ago and they came out perfect. Now I can't find my notes.

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Memphis,
    It might have been. I don't foil. They are not fall off the bone. Thin layer of mustard, rub on both sides. I start out at 250 dome after 3 hours bump temp up to 275 for 1 - 11/2 hours. Mist with apple juice/apple cider vinegar mixture about every hour after the first hour. Sauce last 20-30 minutes.[p]HTH[p]Mike

• HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Car Wash Mike,
    Direct or indrect?
    Thanks

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    HungryMan,
    Indirect.[p]Mike

• MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
    Car Wash Mike, That's it!!! But for some reason I thought it was more involved than that. I'm not a fan of foil. Lose to much flavor. Also not a fan of "fall off the bone". I like a little tug and a little suck on the bone. (get your minds out of the gutter) As I recall - yours is a great simple straight forward way to do ribs. Lots of flavor and very tender.
  • Memphis,
    This is the way I'm going to cook this year in competitions. My first, but fall off the bone is not going to cut it.
    Hope it works of you.[p]Mike