Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did the Oil trick on some steaks and it worked

Options
Redneck
Redneck Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had some left over steaks that I need to cook, so I tried the Oil marinade just to sse if it would work. Because I had eaten some of these steaks before hand, I knew the steaks were on the TUFF side. I rubbed each steak in a generous sprinkling of Olive Oil, coated each side with some Montreal Steak seasoning and wapped each in individualy in clear wrap. Then I tossed them in the fridge for the week. At the end of the 7 day wating period, I took them outside to unwrap( still not a beliver). To my supprise I found the steaks to be OK...no smell or turning green. I then heated the BGE up, seared each side, cooked about 3 mins per side and dwelled for 2mins. [p]What I found was the steaks were now very tender...actually falling apart( maybe the because of the week age). Anyway for what ever reason...oil or not it did work.[p]Redneck

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Redneck, 8^) a thanks from us believers! BTW Dr Chicken caught a virus and has been down for a few days.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Redneck
    Redneck Posts: 20
    Options
    RRP,[p]Glad I could help. Everything listed so for, that I have tried, has been a total sucess. Great advice and recieps. Going for my first butt this weekend. Fingers crossed.[p]Redneck