Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Second Egg

RedneckRedneck Posts: 20
edited 12:11PM in EggHead Forum
Thought I might ask a different question so we can pass the stone(pardon the pun).[p]What would you prefer for a second Egg. I have a Large and need(actually want) a smaller for other uses...[p]The small seems to be the choice I beleive I would want but need to act fast if the Mini's the one...... Help[p]Redneck
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Redneck,
    Go for the small. Mini is good but not as a second unit.

·
  • GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Redneck,[p]Had my large for over 2 years now and my lovely wife added a small to my outdoor kitchen last year for my birthday. I don't know how I ever got along without it. It gives you total versitality with the 2 cookers. I find myself using the small the majority of the time for fast hot cooking and the large is better for me on the low & slow cooks (butts & ribs). No matter which way you go...a 2nd egg is tops.[p]The "real" Bob

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Bob, hi real Bob..dang it's good to see yer nose on the screeeeeeeen again. I second your comments. There are times with my big'un snorkling along on a low and slow that I gotta have me a meal..Boy is it handy. But you said that already..My e.mail is bbq-dude@home.com. That will work if ya hurry..:-)
    Cheers to ya..and I miss the Smoke!!
    C

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Bob,
    I was getting ready to send flowers!!

·
    Char-Woody,[p]Hey ole buddy...I've had my head buried in the sand for a while but I finally came up for air. Got one of them thar mustard slathered butts planned for tomorrow night for a Sunday brunch. Glad I finally listened to you about that yellow stuff...sure makes a great bark.[p]I'll write you when I get a few more agenda items cleared.

·
    JJ,[p]Hey...don't bury me yet...at least if you do place an egg at my head stone. Gotta get some smoke rising and come out of my funk now.

·
  • Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    Redneck,[p]My vote is for the small. Bob said everything I was going to say.[p]Carl T

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Bob, Good job..anytime, and welcome home!
    C~W[p]

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />Redneck,[p]My original Large Egg was used about 3-4 times weekly when I got it. For the last year I have had the small Egg as well and my lump consumption has gone down by half (same as my stock portfoilio) and I use the small about 75% of the time now. The large is still used for pizza, ribs, turkey breast and anything that takes a longer-low temp cook or is big. For grilling, which is what our family of three does most often, I use the small which is perfect if you don't need the large's ample space.[p]IMHO the large and small Eggs go together well.[p]Tim
    ·