Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Egg

Options
Redneck
Redneck Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thought I might ask a different question so we can pass the stone(pardon the pun).[p]What would you prefer for a second Egg. I have a Large and need(actually want) a smaller for other uses...[p]The small seems to be the choice I beleive I would want but need to act fast if the Mini's the one...... Help[p]Redneck

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Redneck,
    Go for the small. Mini is good but not as a second unit.

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Redneck,[p]Had my large for over 2 years now and my lovely wife added a small to my outdoor kitchen last year for my birthday. I don't know how I ever got along without it. It gives you total versitality with the 2 cookers. I find myself using the small the majority of the time for fast hot cooking and the large is better for me on the low & slow cooks (butts & ribs). No matter which way you go...a 2nd egg is tops.[p]The "real" Bob

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Bob, hi real Bob..dang it's good to see yer nose on the screeeeeeeen again. I second your comments. There are times with my big'un snorkling along on a low and slow that I gotta have me a meal..Boy is it handy. But you said that already..My e.mail is bbq-dude@home.com. That will work if ya hurry..:-)
    Cheers to ya..and I miss the Smoke!!
    C

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Bob,
    I was getting ready to send flowers!!

• Grumpa
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Hey ole buddy...I've had my head buried in the sand for a while but I finally came up for air. Got one of them thar mustard slathered butts planned for tomorrow night for a Sunday brunch. Glad I finally listened to you about that yellow stuff...sure makes a great bark.[p]I'll write you when I get a few more agenda items cleared.

• Grumpa
    Options
    JJ,[p]Hey...don't bury me yet...at least if you do place an egg at my head stone. Gotta get some smoke rising and come out of my funk now.

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    Redneck,[p]My vote is for the small. Bob said everything I was going to say.[p]Carl T

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Bob, Good job..anytime, and welcome home!
    C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />Redneck,[p]My original Large Egg was used about 3-4 times weekly when I got it. For the last year I have had the small Egg as well and my lump consumption has gone down by half (same as my stock portfoilio) and I use the small about 75% of the time now. The large is still used for pizza, ribs, turkey breast and anything that takes a longer-low temp cook or is big. For grilling, which is what our family of three does most often, I use the small which is perfect if you don't need the large's ample space.[p]IMHO the large and small Eggs go together well.[p]Tim