Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

chicken dinner

SandbaggerSandbagger Posts: 977
edited 9:09PM in EggHead Forum
123_2387.jpg
<p />How about BlueSmoke's Red Rooster rub, Richard's Indian River Pepper blend, a little sea salt and smoked with Greg's Guava wood at 350ish for 1.5 hours. This was almost true set-it and forget-it cooking, except I forgot the corn starch, dang it! Almost dusted it mid cook but chickened out![p]The wing's on this bird were killer. Crispy skin, fantastic flavor and moist. The legs twisted right off. Now I just need to work that result into the rest of the bird. [p]Tom

Comments

• Toy ManToy Man Posts: 416
    Looks like your rotisserie idea is working.[p]Toy Man
  • Sandbagger,[p]Looks mighty tasty! Now how bout some pics of it cookin![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

• Sandbagger,
    Good Looking "Gospel Bird"....Did you put any of your lemon sauce on it?

• Sandbagger,[p]I'm going to spank you in A-Town...
  • locolongall,
    I hope you are talking about on the golf course. [p]homswing.gif[p]Mike

• Sandbagger,I'm new to the Forum. How did you rig the rotisserie to the BGE? Is this better than using a V rack? All the rubs you listed aren't available in Northern California. Are there national brands that can be substituted? Love the Forum except that is addictive and can't leave it for hours. Bon Appetite!