Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

salmon pie with tomato dill sauce

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,671
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_0951.jpg
<p />100_0956.jpg
made from some leftovers, maybe make another one tonight to finish it off

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    fishlessman,[p]O.K., you've got to stop this! I think I gain a pound every time you post a picture of your scrumptious dishes.... um? but what would the recipe be? Not that I'd have any salmon as good as what you've had, but just in case.[p]gdenby

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    gdenby,
    this was pretty easy, found it doing a google search for salmon pie,All Recipes. com, most had potatoes and ive never like that style, this one was with stuffing mix, and was much better.[p]crust: 1 cup crushed seasoned stuffing mix mixed with 1/3 cup melted butter pressed into a 10 inch castiron greased fry pan across the bottom and up the sides.[p]filling: 2 cups crushed seasoned bread stuffing, 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup water, .5 cups milk, 2 eggs, 3 chicken bouillon cubes crushed, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons chopped onion, 2 cups flaked salmon. mix and place into formed pie shell and cook inderect at 350 for about 55 minutes.[p]sauce: 1/3 cup melted butter, 2 tblsp cornstarch, 1.5 cups water, 1 teaspoon dill weed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 large tomatoe chopped into cubes. bring everything to a boil except tomates, add tomatoes and return to a boil for 1 minute and reduse heat until it thickens.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    fishlessman,[p]Thanks for passing that on. It will make a good alternative to salmon patties.[p]gdenby

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    fishlessman,
    That looks great and easy to make. I think that the use of the stuffing sounds good. I have it in my recipe file!