Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cheap Dinner

Why1504Why1504 Posts: 277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This afternoon I stopped at the local meat market. They had boneless porkchops for $1.99 per lb. The smallest package was 4.29. They were thin and not really up to standard but we wanted something easy and different. When I got home it began to look like it would rain. I decided to try something different and set up the egg to do a direct smoke @ 250 for 30 minutes and then heat it up to give them a good crust. The chops were different cuts and thin. I took Dizzy Dust, Swamp Venom, and Raging River and dusted all the chops with different rubs. Some I preped with a light coat of mustard before rubbubg some I didn't. But I did put a heavy coat of rub on all the chops. And put them on the BGE. Well, all we ate were the chops and I expected there woould be some left over. There all gone, and they were execellent. Lots of spice, moist and for the most part tender. I would do this again, they were very satisfying.