Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

tonights bourbon brined chops! 4 pics

smokn gramma gsmokn gramma g Posts: 144
edited 8:57AM in EggHead Forum
P8240170_edited-1.jpg
P8240171_edited-1.jpg
4ecead81.jpg
0df90e3d.jpg[p]Here is my supper tonight! My My, was sooo good. Bourbon brined chops, then cooked them at 600 for 2 mins per side then let them dwell for 5 min. Added Maple cinnamon butter to top them off! delicious

Comments

• smokn gramma g,[p]Tell me about the brine.[p]mSharque
  • molyshark,
    I actually got it from Steven Raichlen's book. but didn't have whole cinnamon, whole allspice or cloves, so opted to put pinches of each of ground. All turned out really good! 3 tbsp bourbon, tbsp kosher salt, a bay leaf 1 C hot water, 2 C hot water!

• smokn gramma g,
    "3" tbsp kosher salt, 1 c hot water... 2 c "cold" water!

• HermHerm Posts: 206
    smokn gramma g,[p]Tell me about those potatoes!

• Herm,
    just lazy potatoes! sliced thin, added onions, evoo, garlic and then dizzy dust, into foil. put on before the chops at about 325 direct for bout 40-45 min,flipped them a couple times and then held them on my gas indirect while chops were being cooked.
    easy peasy!

• HermHerm Posts: 206
    smokn gramma g,[p]Thanks! Looks and sounds great!!