Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pork Roast Question

Uncle DaveUncle Dave Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Its about 7:00 here my butcher is close. IF I ran and got a butt and got it on by 8:00 about 225 or so ina rack W/drippan would it be ready so I could take it off before work in the morn at 8:00? s that too fast what rub could I use? I'm still new and have not done this meat before. THanks
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Uncle Dave,
    Not enough time tonight. I use only my rub however butt does well without any rub. I have coated them with cayan pepper and Lousiana hot sauce and have had rave reviews. Don't rush a butt and you will get great results.

·
  • Uncle Dave,[p]Sorry I didn't see your message sooner. I would have told you to try and maintain a cooker temp of 250, and if you had a 6-7 pound butt, it should have been in pulling range in 12 hours. Any homemade or commercial rub will do. [p]Did you put the butt on?[p]Lee

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    QSis,
    What smoker do you cook with?

·
  • JJ,[p]Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM).[p]Lee[p]
    ·