Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Firebricks and Stones

Two quick questions:
1) People recently have been talking about using two pizza stones during indirect cooking (or cooking pizzas) to even out the heat more - do you just stack the two stones or is there something between them to provide spacing?[p]2) I have seen a lot of posts and recipes that involve using firebricks in various ways. What exactly are these bricks and what type of store would I find them in (basically, where do I go and what do I as for? :) )[p]Thanks!
-JeffreyK

Comments

• JeffreyK,[p] Yes, just stack the stones. Firebricks are tan bricks that line fireplaces. Best place to get them is your local brickyard. They come in two thicknesses, full and "split". I use splits in my BGE. TimM has pictures of them on his site. Check it out.[p]MikeO
  • JeffreyK, concur with Mike O. Check the local brickyard or fireplace store. Should cost you about 70 to 80 cents. [p]VaNole[p]
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    11_25_9906_24_03.jpg
    <p />JeffreyK, I have a medium and use 4 bricks - I believe that for a large, 5 fit better.[p]
    [ul][li]Firebricks[/ul]