Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Here's The Chicken!

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
3spatchcocked.jpg
<p />This is what Badger is waiting on.....
3 chickens there on the large.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 large, 1 small AND a brand new mini!

Comments

• JimboBQ, they couldn't look any more perfect!

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    JimboBQ,
    I have got try one of those. Looks great. Do you pull the skin back a little to season under the skin, what about sauce later on?[p]Mike

• JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 189
    Car Wash Mike,
    Yep, I pull the breast skin up a bit to get some of the rub in there. That top chicken was done in Ragin' River. I prefer the Tsunami Spin, or Jamaican Firewalk but we had some relatives over who don't like the heat as much as I do. I made your baked beans at the beach last week for the extended family. But, I didn't have the brown sugar and went ahead without it. They were a bit "spicier" than normal and the part of the family that likes all food mild (so boring), kept going on about it. Heck,,,,I thought they were pretty good even without the brown sugar. Funny thing. After all of the complaints, I didn't have much in the way of left overs! Hugs to your girls![p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 large, 1 small AND a brand new mini!
  • JimboBQ,[p]When you cook like this do you find that you do not get an accurate reading on the dome thermometer. I can understand something wide like a pizza blocking the temp reading but it would seem anything on the top rack affects the dome temp reading.