Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here's The Chicken!

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
3spatchcocked.jpg
<p />This is what Badger is waiting on.....
3 chickens there on the large.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• JimboBQ, they couldn't look any more perfect!

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    I have got try one of those. Looks great. Do you pull the skin back a little to season under the skin, what about sauce later on?[p]Mike

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Yep, I pull the breast skin up a bit to get some of the rub in there. That top chicken was done in Ragin' River. I prefer the Tsunami Spin, or Jamaican Firewalk but we had some relatives over who don't like the heat as much as I do. I made your baked beans at the beach last week for the extended family. But, I didn't have the brown sugar and went ahead without it. They were a bit "spicier" than normal and the part of the family that likes all food mild (so boring), kept going on about it. Heck,,,,I thought they were pretty good even without the brown sugar. Funny thing. After all of the complaints, I didn't have much in the way of left overs! Hugs to your girls![p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • JimboBQ,[p]When you cook like this do you find that you do not get an accurate reading on the dome thermometer. I can understand something wide like a pizza blocking the temp reading but it would seem anything on the top rack affects the dome temp reading.