Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

prime rib results

char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i tried my first prime rib for the new year dinner and it came out great.[p]This is an expensive piece of meat and I was really worried about ruining it.
I decided to go with a plain and simple cook. I smashed up some peppercorns (maybe 2 tbls) with 1 maybe 2 tbls of kosher salt and 1 or 2 tbls of oil. I swabbed that all
over the roast and let it sit for 15 minutes or more. I set up the egg for 350. I put the roast in a v-rack. I set the v-rack
set in a drip pan that was filled with carrots, celery and parsnips. (a little pepper, a little salt and a little oil on the veggies.)
I put the drip pan and its load on top of a pizze stone. It cooked for about two hours maybe a little more. [p]The vegetables tasted like candy. Oriignally I was only going to serve the parsnips and use the carrots and celery for a gravy. But they were all so tasty, I served most of the them with the roast. [p]I took the roast to 145 internal and let it sit for 30 minutes. I was hoping for medium rare, but it was closer to medium. Next time I'll cook it to 135 f.[p]The bones were a huge hit with my kid. I couldn't believe how good a thick slice of roast beef could taste with a nice thick gravy and yorkshire pud. [p]Happy New Year everybody.[p]Oh yeah, the new year is good.

Comments