Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermometre Q.

I have made heaps of phone calls and cannot seem to get the Polder style thermometre with the wire and external guage over here. I will only be using it for low & slow stuff, so should I settle for an instant read probe with dial type, or lash out and order the digital external guage version from the States?[p]I went out to a brickyard just before Christmas and picked up a range of (refractory or kiln) firebricks including a 12 inch sq. that is 2 inches thick. Dusted with a bit of flour it makes great pizzas with minimal chance of burning the base. Yeah you're right Tim..... I owe you a beer. I'll meet you half way.[p]Best wishes for the season to all eggers,
Peter T

·

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Aussie ,[p]I am not sure I would go to the middle east for a Auzzie beer (assuming that is half way) since that place is not to my liking. Let me know if you would like me to buy and send you a Polder thermometer. I think they can be had for under $25. The only ones I have seen lately are the newer models -- they have a few more features than the old model. I have no idea what shipping would be.
    Might swap you for a beer or two though!
    Tim

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, you could also meet in Guam (or there abouts!)... maybe Tahiti

·
  • Aussie ,
    I agree with Tim M.! I don't think either of you want to go there for a beer! :-)))
    I just got the newest edition of the King Arthur flour catalog and they show a "Polder" @ $19.95 plus shipping. I wish I'd gotten it 2 weeks earlier! I'll list the e-mail address so you don't have to search![p]It's great to know this "crazy cult" thing is world wide![p]Hope you and your family have a great New Year![p]Dr. Chicken

·
  • Aussie ,
    I must have done something wrong! The address is;[p]www.KingArthurFlour.com[p]Dr. C

·
  • EarlEarl Posts: 468
    Aussie ,[p] If you are going to the trouble of ordering the polder, may I suggest that you also order an extra probe or two. These ceramic units tend to get away from you from time to time. It would be a shame not to have a back-up, just in case you got over the 380F mark, it would fry your only unit.

Earl

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Earl,[p]I just called my friend Denise at Polder and left a msg (they don't open until 11am). I hope to hear from her today to see if she can ship to Aussie. That would make it really easy if they can.[p]Tim
    ·