Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3/1/1.5 #1

DecDec Posts: 70
edited 2:51AM in EggHead Forum
I tried the 3/1/1.5 last weekend on a fat rack a pork ribs. The results were outstanding. Meat so tender I could cry. Looks like Tony Roma's will be seeing much less of me. Now if I could only get the brisket down.[p]Dec

·

Comments

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Dec,
    I have done several in the past. In the submitted recipe section, Buckaroos Brisket will give you a good starting point. I take mine up to an internal temperature of 200 degrees. At 200 they are quite easy to pull, but not as easy as pork.
    Fireball

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    20000924_133922_small.jpg
    <p />Dec, glad the ribs turned out great! Sometime instead of brisket, try an English cut chuck roast - at 200 degrees it pulls as easily as pork. Mix it with a little BBQ sauce and the result is great pulled BBQ beef sandwiches. Good luck![p]A word of caution - at 200 degrees internal pull it, don't try to slice it - it will just fall apart.

[ul][li]Pulled Beef BBQ[/ul]
    ·
  • DecDec Posts: 70
    Gfw,[p]That looks very good. I may make one for our company Thanksgiving potluck. I guess you would eat it in the same manner as pulled pork. Cheap white bun, sauce and coleslaw optional.[p]Dec
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    20000924_135004_small.jpg
    <p />Dec, something like in the picture - simplicity! :~}[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
    ·