Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

8 pounds of Brisket Jerkey

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited 11:42PM in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Been swamped at work and home lately but have been following the forum as much as I can. Still egging regularly. Last weekend saw 8 pounds of jerkey smoked, 225 for 7 hours, turned every 45 minutes or so. Turned out great. Still using up that $3 pack of High Mountain jerkey seasoning. That stuff lasts forever!!! Good thing it tastes good. 4 pounds of ground chuck in the fridge for this evening. Already made into patties with a little blackening rub applied. Plan on cooking them this evening, then putting on some bleu(ue) cheese and toppings. Doesnt get any better than that. Back to work....[p]Troy
·

Comments

• JethroJethro Posts: 495
    sprinter,[p]I really want to try doing the jerkey sometime, $5 for a few ounces, of the store bought stuff, is just too expensive.[p]Those black n blue burgers w/blue cheese sound great, enjoy![p]Jethro
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    mejerky
    <p />howdy sprinter,
    Good to see you around. I did my first batch of brisket jerky (thanks to Gfw), and brought most of it on our backpacking trip. It was awesome, and what a great cut of meat to use. It seems to turn out much chewier (good for jerky). Here is a shot my buddy took of me with a big ol piece hanging out of my mouth at 9000 feet. Nothing like egged food when you are 2 days from the closest road.
    Hope you enjoyed your bleu cheese burgers.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Nature Boy, check out the brisket jerky recipe again - made it again yesterday - increased the tobasco and added a little lemon juice - Life and beef jerky is GOOD!

[ul][li]Brisket Beef Jerky[/ul]
    ·