Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8 pounds of Brisket Jerkey

sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Been swamped at work and home lately but have been following the forum as much as I can. Still egging regularly. Last weekend saw 8 pounds of jerkey smoked, 225 for 7 hours, turned every 45 minutes or so. Turned out great. Still using up that $3 pack of High Mountain jerkey seasoning. That stuff lasts forever!!! Good thing it tastes good. 4 pounds of ground chuck in the fridge for this evening. Already made into patties with a little blackening rub applied. Plan on cooking them this evening, then putting on some bleu(ue) cheese and toppings. Doesnt get any better than that. Back to work....[p]Troy

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    sprinter,[p]I really want to try doing the jerkey sometime, $5 for a few ounces, of the store bought stuff, is just too expensive.[p]Those black n blue burgers w/blue cheese sound great, enjoy![p]Jethro
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    mejerky
    <p />howdy sprinter,
    Good to see you around. I did my first batch of brisket jerky (thanks to Gfw), and brought most of it on our backpacking trip. It was awesome, and what a great cut of meat to use. It seems to turn out much chewier (good for jerky). Here is a shot my buddy took of me with a big ol piece hanging out of my mouth at 9000 feet. Nothing like egged food when you are 2 days from the closest road.
    Hope you enjoyed your bleu cheese burgers.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Nature Boy, check out the brisket jerky recipe again - made it again yesterday - increased the tobasco and added a little lemon juice - Life and beef jerky is GOOD!

[ul][li]Brisket Beef Jerky[/ul]